Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 1 Day 1... Intro

Tuesday, May 17, 2011
So I’ve been told that I should blog, and I figured, yeah right, what do I have to say that’s important?  My friends seem to think I’m funny, well I don’t.  I do however feel like my life could be a Telenovela (Spanish soap opera).  I haven’t really told anyone that I am blogging because I don’t want to try to meet anyone’s expectations other than my own.  I do have 2 accomplices’ Vanessa (who will be my photographer and my partner in crime) and Victoria, who is helping me, set this thing up.
Hi, my name is Nancy, I am 28 and I have 2 kids, I am a single mom who is desperately trying to lose weight.  I am doing this so that I can have more energy to be a “fun” mom and be more active.  I want to teach my kids that having a healthy lifestyle is beneficial, it wouldn’t hurt to be healthy and looking good.  Plus I’m tired of seeing the infomercials with all the skinny girls and you’re like (or at least I’m like) yeah right, they probably had lipo! Last week Vanessa asked me to join her group on healthywage.com and when I saw the possibility of winning cash, well I found the motivation that I was desperately seeking (I mean other than being healthy), hey cant a girl have 2 motivational factors!?! They say the best revenge is looking great and having money!
Upon reading articles, the web, asking my doctor, they say if I want to lose weight the best time to start is now because I’m fast approaching 30 and it only gets harder since the metabolism slows down.  Don’t fret anyone who is 30, together we can do this no matter what age you are, just remember, age is just a number!
I want to use this blog to share my ups and downs.  I will be 100% honest with what I eat on a daily basis and what exercises I do.  I will also share some of my life drama because in case you weren’t aware, stress affects our body/weight.  I'll share what works (for me and hopefully  you) and what I feel didn't really help in my weight loss journey.
Now please be advised, I am not a personal trainer (in case you couldn’t tell by the picture). I am not a doctor or nurse, nor am I certified in any medical field.  I am an insurance sales person, tax advisor, MBA student and my most complicated job, I'm a parent.
What I hope this blog will do for me? Help me be more accountable to myself and not make excuses on why I can’t find time to work out; it wouldn’t hurt if I became super famous and rich as well if this becomes popular (jk)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment